The department of Gastroenterology is 16 bedded unit established in June 2021. It has two offices each for professor and assistant professor. There is a well-equipped endoscopy suit with separate examination room. There is a separate office for medical officers in the unit.
"Our mission as a gastroenterology unit is to deliver outstanding and compassionate patient-centered care, offering cutting-edge diagnostics and treatments, while prioritizing disease prevention, promoting digestive health education, advancing clinical research, and fostering collaboration to improve the overall well-being of our patients and community."
Gastroenterology and hepatalogy is 16 bedded unit, 08 for males and 08 for female with 2 beds HDU on each side.
The endoscopy suite is equipped with state-of-the-art technology and a highly skilled medical team to provide minimally invasive diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for a wide range of gastrointestinal conditions..
1.Diagnostic Upper GI Endoscopy
2. Diagnostic Lower GI endoscopy
3. Therapeutic Endoscopic Procedure like Sclerotherapy, heamoclip placement, Variceal Band ligation, Achalasia Balloon Dilatation, TTS Balloon dilatation, Savory dilatation, PEG tube placement, Esophageal, Duodenal and colonic stenting, Polypectomy, haemorroidal band ligation.
4. Well equipped therapeutic ERCP facilities.
The department has been recognized by CPSP for FCPS training. The unit has schedule for training of under graduate students.
The unit is actively involved in teaching and training and research.
There is a quality enhancement cell in BKMC and quality control cell in hospital. The department closely working with them for quality control and index.
Our future plan is
1. To establish skill lab for training of undergraduate and postgraduate students
2. To establish diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic ultrasound facilities.